Despite Baltimore being ranked near the top for pay equality in the United States, women still earn less than men, based on analyses controlled for workers with the same jobs, skills, and education. Working mothers struggle with lack of access to affordable childcare and paid maternity leave. At the same time, women face daily sexism and harassment. Baltimore should lead the way on gender equality!
● We need twelve weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave for all workers.
● Build a movement to fight sexual harassment, violence against women, and all forms of sexism.
● Expand the city’s programs against domestic violence to prevent violence and help survivors.
● Expand housing alternatives and temporary shelters for women leaving abusive relationships.
● Work for affordable, high-quality childcare.
Do you like this post?